Thursday, January 14, 2010

Take it 5 pounds at a time!

When I first started dieting last January the thought of trying to loose 40-50 pounds seemed very overwhelming to me. I decided very early on not to think about the ultimate goal but to think of smaller goals. I decided to help myself reach my main goal I would set smaller goals. I started out weighing 185. My first goal was to see 180. Then when I reached 180 I wanted to see 179. I continued on like this throughout my diet and before I knew it I had dropped 36 pounds! All of those small goals of 5 pounds added up! I can honestly say that it made things easier for me since I wasn't looking at the whole mountain that I needed to climb but rather the steps that I had made forward. I remember looking back the first of March and realizing that I had dropped 20 pounds. It was so shocking to me because I hadn't been counting the pounds that way. One of my favorite moments on this journey was a few months ago. I have been happy about loosing 36 pounds. Lots of people had asked about how much I lost. I never really had a clear picture of how much weight I had taken off of my body. One day my daughter Bailee asked me if she could weigh herself. I turned on the scale for her and when the numbers came up I was shocked. There standing on the scale was physical proof of what I had taken off my body. No wonder I had more energy! My 4 year old daughter weighed 36 pounds! After that day when people asked me how much weight I lost I told them, "I dropped a Bailee!" Still to this day it is hard to believe. Bailee has gained a few poundssince then. She is now 40 pounds so I have some catching up to do!

1 comment:

  1. Good advice! Setting smaller goals for yourself definitely helps!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete