Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Love Yourself Now!

One thing that I have never had a problem with was loving myself. I am not saying that I am vain just that I have always accepted myself at all sizes. I have always felt pretty even when I knew that I needed to loose some weight. I have to credit my husband with that. Richard has always made me feel pretty. He has always treated me like I was the most beautiful woman in the world. Maybe that is why I have been able to look beyond the belly rolls. I must set one thing clear though, I did not start loosing weight to get skinny. In November of 2008 I was on the phone with a friend when I experienced chest pains that I could not talk through. It truly scared me to death! After that experience I decided that I needed to do something because I have a family that I don't want to leave behind. I want to be here to see my grandchildren and coach my daughters when they are having their babies. I knew that if I did not do something I would not be around for that. The plus side of watching what you eat and adding exercise to your life is that you tend to loose weight. So the weight loss to me was a bonus. I can remember being winded walking up my stairs! Now I run up and down my stairs like it is nothing! My husband told me to carry my daughter up the stairs one day to feel what I used to carry up and down the stairs everyday on my body. What a difference! My challenge to anyone that is reading this is to look in the mirror and find something about yourself that you love. Don't leave the mirror until you can find at least one thing. If you can't find one thing about your physical self that you love what makes you think that loosing some weight will change that. You will still have a hard time finding something about yourself that you love. You are beautiful, remember that!

No comments:

Post a Comment