Friday, January 22, 2010

Don't leave off the Mayo!

Sometimes I think that when people think about dieting they think that they have to go without. This is true even when eating something like a sandwich or a burger. I do not believe in this at all! I love egg, cheese and mayonnaise sandwiches! I just had one for lunch today. I used my Miracle Whip in my sandwich! I am not looking at the Miracle Whip jar right now so I am trying to think back at to the calories per tablespoon. I think it is 25 calories but don't hold me to it! The point is 25 calories is worth giving up to have a sandwich that I really enjoy! Ketchup is the same thing. Mind you, I do not put loads of mayonnaise on my sandwich. Everything in moderation! The only thing that I do watch out for is my salad dressings. I will only have a salad with regular Ranch dressing if I am out to dinner on my cheat meal. At home I love Fat Free Caesar Italian dressing by Kraft. I think it only has 16 calories per tablespoon. I am not much of a salad eater though. I mainly eat that if I am in the mood for carrot sticks which is not often! I belonged to Weight Watchers at one time and with their program you count points. Carrot sticks and dressing became my main source of treats when I was counting points so I am really not in to them any more. Of all of the weight loss programs out there I must say that Weight Watchers is the best. I stopped going years ago because we moved to an area that did not have a meeting place. I then decided that I would do my best to beat this weight thing on my own. So far I am doing a pretty good job. One last point: Look at the labels of everything you eat, if the calorie amount is something that you are willing to give up then do it! You don't have to eat bland food to loose weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment