Sunday, March 7, 2010

Exercise!

I do not like to exercise but I know that if I want to stay healthy I have to do it. One thing that helps me is that I only exercise Monday through Friday. I decided to do it this way because during the week I work. To me, exercise is like going to work for my body. I didn't want to commit to Saturdays because that is the day that I do all of my running around on. It is hard enough to get all of my shopping, ballet and appointments done on Saturday so adding a workout would be to much. Sundays is dedicated to church and family. I also have a fear that if I was to workout on Sunday the Lord would punish me with an extra pound, ha, ha. It also helps me during the week when I don't really feel like working out to think about me weekend of no exercise. My favorite form of exercise is my treadmill. When I first started loosing weight I dedicated 1 hour a day to it. I think that I started at a 3.5 and 3 incline. I think that I only did 3 miles at first. I am now doing 6 miles at a 4.0/4.5 speed and 6 incline. I alter each lap from slow to fast to help boost my metabolism. I also have several DVDs that I like to workout to in addition to the 6 mils. I never feel like I have to do 6 miles and a DVD but sometimes I just get in the mood for more exercise so I do it. I have all types of DVDs from Biggest Loser to Richard Simmons. My dad is sending me all of the Richard Simmons DVDs. I love him because he makes working out fun. Exercise is so important! You can loose weight by counting calories a lone but exercise is what your body needs to get strong. The extra weight that you have carried on your body has taken a toll on you whether you have had any symptoms or not. You need the exercise to help build up your insides as well as your outside.

1 comment:

  1. K, so I have a couple of questions and if I'm being nosey you can chose not to answer and I won't be offended. Lol. How much weight have you lost total? And, how long does it take you to run 6 miles? I have only made it to the 5K (3.1 miles) mark and my best time is 45 min. It's not great but I guess I'm just not a natural runner because it's really hard for me! BTW, thanks for the blog!

    ReplyDelete