Thursday, March 10, 2011

New Tip: Eat with a baby spoon!

Since I take care of a baby during the week I have a nice collection of baby spoons. One morning for breakfast I thought I would have a yogurt. I went to grab a spoona and of course every spoon in the house was dirty or missing. I usually find a huge amount of missing silverware in the late Spring after all of the snow has melted! Any way, the only thing left in my silverware drawer were the baby spoons. Instead of taking a few minutes to wash a spoon I decided to go ahead and use one of the baby spoons. By doing this I discovered that I take smaller bites because of the size of the spoon and also that it takes me longer to eat. This also forces me to take a little more time to eat and actually enjoy it. So now I have moved on to using a baby spoon more often. By doing this I have also discovered that I don't eat as much. Maybe that is because my brain actually has time to register that I am full and I have time to understand what my body is saying to me. Some of you may think this is odd and that is fine with me. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but before you laugh this one off give it a try! You might actually like the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment